Today we’ve released another software update for the gateway product, EG-200, version 2.30.1. This marks the five years of updates for this product, and we intend to continue!
What’s new in this release?
As with all of our updates, the core operating system, based on OpenWrt has been updated, in this case to version 21.02 This gives us the lastest Linux kernel updates and OpenSSL security patches.
Other fixes and features:
- Charging: ON.is: bug fix in overcapacity assignment
- The Dexma, SenseOne and Database outputs now have the option of writing power, not just voltage/current/energy
- Database output supports more diagnostics
- Power Sync Network more robust to modbus errors.
- UI now allows adding a “site tag” to the banner line
- Various UI cleanups to avoid jumping text
What have we done in prior releases?
Just as a reminder, we don’t just do security and bug fixes in our updates, we’ve been steadily adding features over the last five years as well, here’s just a few things you might have missed:
- Output to Databases, with customized SQL queries. You can simply fire up an instance on Amazon RDS and be storing energy data in minutes, ready for use with any of your existing BI tools.
- Output to StatsD compatible servers, such as graphite/grafana or Telegraf/InfluxDB
- Output to Dexma energy intelligence software
- Remote access solution out of the box, to avoid site visits.
- Expanded MQTT integration options: 1/5/15/60 minute interval data in addition to the live stream.
- More plugins supporting more third party devices, such as Carlo Gavazzi, Janitza, Siemens, Socomec, Schneider Electric, etc
How to upgrade?
As always, your gateway can automatically fetch this update by logging onto the web UI, and choosing Setup->Updates
This will offer you the latest version, and an option to keep your settings.